Dear ATL 5th Grade Students and Parents,
We want to take this opportunity to welcome you to the fifth grade! You will be in our classes for the 2021-2022 school year. Most of the learning materials used in fifth grade are very similar to those you have had in previous grades. So, much of what we do will be rather familiar to you. So get ready! We all know that this school year will be amazing despite the issues that is facing our society. We will have a lot of fun, as you will learn many great things about yourself, your world, your nation, and each other! We want this to be a great year for you and we know it can be, with your help and cooperation.
In order for you to be prepared for fifth grade, we have school supplies you need on the next page. Please bring these materials to school on the first day of classes because that is when our learning will begin. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation and here is to a great year!
See you in a few weeks!
Lisa Duncan and Lynn Jackson
The Academy’s Fifth Grade Team
Supply List for Fifth Grade
- Six packs of wooden pencils – please do not purchase mechanical (lead) pencils.
- One pack of erasers (cap erasers)
- One (1) three-ring binder/notebook. We prefer a 2-inch binder so that it will be big enough to hold all papers, pencil bag, agenda, etc.
- Eight (8) composition notebooks. The hardback type in any color.
- One BLACK dry-erase marker (EXPO is recommended as they last the longest). Students will be using dry erase slates during the year and will need to have these. In addition, a small rag or an old sock will be used to erase with.
- Non-electric personal pencil sharpener.
- Two (2) highlighters of any color.
- One to 2 boxes of Kleenex tissues.
- Three (3) packs of wide-rule notebook paper.
*THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ON OUR WISH LIST AND ARE USED BY THE WHOLE CLASS:
- 1 multi-pack of paper towels
- Disinfecting wipes
- Hand sanitizer
-Plastic utensils (spoons and forks)
Homeroom: You will be in Ms. Duncan’s Homeroom (215)
The Academy for Teaching and learning
109 Hinton Street
Chester, SC 29706
Mary Ann Dawkins
Fifth Grade Teachers: